Friday, June 26, 2009

My Husband, Randy.

I got him into playing MMORPG's. He knew they were out there, but hadn't played them, because his current state of technology didn't allow the ease of play.

When we met, yes online, after he had sent me a couple of really thoughtful gifts, like a cell phone and flowers, I went ahead and sent him a much needed hard drive and an upgrade in memory. We tried for a video card too, but that didn't work out so well, but it did allow him to use his computer to get signed up for FFXI.

As this is in later years, than in the beginning where there were hordes of youngsters all running around looking for lower level groups, it was hard. It was hard to make progress in that game without parties, yet everyone was further up the road. Still, I think it gave him an inkling of just how much fun it could be.

Once we married, I suggested we try WOW, because in a another big positive for that company, they had made it more or less easier for a popular game to be within reach of more people, and his computer.

He dies more than anyone I know, but then that is in part because he is totally unafraid to go out and discover what is in World of Warcraft. I know his character has seen things and been places I have not yet gone. Someday he is going to probably be one of the knowledgeable players around.. if I can convince him that part of the game is making money for equipment and spell upgrades, that is.

Yes, we did get him a better computer, better than mine to play with. That should also make all of the difference.

No comments: