Friday, June 26, 2009

World Of Warcraft leads to Alt Feeeeva..

I don't know about Tigersue, but I know for myself the ability to have alts in many different worlds (servers) makes it all to easy for me to create "toons".

It was no wonder I would think of Altoholic as the best thing since sliced bread. I wish that PlayOnline had been as willing to allow such things, because it sure would have been nice to see what was on my mules.

So I find that a plus mark on the side of creators of World of Warcraft. They have other ones. The content that includes avenues for solo and group play is another. I know the "children" out there that comment on the boards of these games are always saying that they don't understand why you play MMORGP's if you solo all the time, but these are the sames kids who have mommy and daddy taking care of their every needs, so the ability to sneak in some leveling, while there is activity by others going on all around you, is a plus.

On the other hand, WOW does attract more than it's fair share of children....and not the most mature children at that. Actually now I think about it, I am insulting children who don't behave as badly as some of the young adult/adolescents that flock to WOW. Lately the conversation on Shadris-Horde has been that if you are a real girl you don't play WOW, and how they hate it that guys use the female toons to level up.

And these people think they are qualified to comment on the political state of the day.

To be sure those personalities were on FFXI, but they tended to whine that they needed hep getting some piece of "uber" gear or something and caused drama in links hells. And I know those same personalities dot Everquest II from a converstation I heard on guild chat last night.

However I digress. The biggest reason I play WOW at this point is that my husband is enjoying it, my children are there, and my sister's computer can manage it. It has some really great points, like the ease of leveling in comparison. It has some things I don't like as much, like the fact you have NO HOME. Sorry, but I love that in other games. I like the activity all around me even if we are all doing different things. And I REALLY love that I can indulge in creating more alts than I can ever possibly level up.

1 comment:

Tigersue said...

Yup, I love the alts! I told Michael it is almost more fun for me to see what I can come up with on Character creation than playing the game! :)